About Me

My photo
I am a professional writer who is blending my years of ghostwriting and blogging for business clients with my personal passion for Judaism. May the words on these pages bring light to the world in some small way today!

Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Ground Water and Sky Water

 


Since Jews around the world started praying for rain in Israel a few weeks ago we've come out of a severe drought here in Arkansas. Rain is forecast all week and today it's pouring. 

It's warm enough to put my houseplants outside in the daylight. They are really loving it. I can actually see a difference in their posture as they absorb the sky water compared to being watered with ground water. 

Being a plant person, the difference in my potted plants' demeanor seems obvious. Living alone, nobody else will see the happiness my plants are experiencing. Of course there's nobody to doubt me or to argue either, which is probably a blessing when it comes to believing in houseplant demeanor.

I thrive on sky water, too. In Torah, rain water is often used to represent blessings.

"In Jewish theology, abundant rain is an expression of divine blessing and approval, a means of measuring Israel’s commitment to the covenant, and a matrix from which life emerges." Rabbi Lawrence Troster 

That's what sky water represents in my life. My houseplants reach up for it and prosper, and so do I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Orthodox Jewish Conversion Thoughts - Tishrei 5783

  Orthodox Jewish Conversion Thoughts - Tishrei 5783 (2022) I did not chose to undertake a second conversion to Judaism to make my life more...