About Me

My photo
I am a professional writer who is blending my years of ghostwriting and blogging for business clients with my personal passion for Judaism. May the words on these pages bring light to the world in some small way today!

Thursday, August 17, 2023

What I Did Right in 5783

This is a page from my Jewish Junk Journal today, part of my Soul Seforim collection. I have bookshelves and file cabinet drawers full of them, providing testimony to my learning and spiritual growth.

Sometimes I look back at these pages and marvel at what I've learned and experienced. Today is Rosh Chodesh Elul, so I have my Soul Seforim for 5783 all set up so I can go through them as I consider my annual teshuva work that begins in Elul.

My new Elul Plan involves first looking back at what I did right. Meaning, before launching in and working on what I need to improve, I am choosing to focus on my mitzvot and accomplishments of 5783. These hand-made Soul Seforim REALLY help me do this. I can visually. tangibly see what was important to me and why. I can see a path, my journey through the past year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Orthodox Jewish Conversion Thoughts - Tishrei 5783

  Orthodox Jewish Conversion Thoughts - Tishrei 5783 (2022) I did not chose to undertake a second conversion to Judaism to make my life more...